Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad
Students on the Study Abroad Advisory Committee share their Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad!
10. Meet awesome people whose paths wouldn't cross with yours without study abroad. When's the last time you hung out with new friends from Jamaica, Sweden, and Washington State...in Oaxaca?
9. To satiate your inner foodie.
8. The Study Abroad Photo Contest – motivation to take amazing photos and explore great places!
7. Simply the experience of learning how to travel – there’s something to be said for getting lost and finding your way home in a place where you barely know the language and can’t read the street signs.
6. Competitive advantage for getting a job, especially in our economy today.
5. Conquer your fears. Afraid of street food? Winding dirt roads without guard rails? Eating bugs? Not anymore!
4. Engage genuinely interesting subjects in cosmopolitan urban classrooms.
3. Keeping a travel blog and finding out that 3 people in Colombia are following it.
2. The satisfaction of the first time you say something in the local language without thinking about it.
1. To see, smell, walk, and breathe Civ, rather than just reading it.