- To apply for a Summer International Travel Grant please complete the online application.
- Note that you can only be awarded one Summer International Travel Grant in a given year.
- One recommendation is required as a part of the online application. For a FLAG application this recommendation would ideally come from your language instructor or a faculty member with regional expertise. For research grants, the recommendation should be from a faculty member familiar with your research plans and with expertise in the proposed region or topic of research. You will be prompted to enter your recommender's name and email address in the online application.
- Please note that the research grant application will ask you to submit a résumé, which you will want to have ready ahead of time.
Note for those applying to a country or region of elevated risk: You will need to schedule a travel advisory meeting to discuss the petition process for special approval to be eligible for funding. For additional details and for information on countries and regions of elevated risk, please consult the University’s Travel Advisory Policy. You are also required to submit an additional paragraph in your statement of purpose detailing why study abroad in this country is important to your research or language study.
All applications must be submitted online by Friday, February 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
All students will receive notification of the status of their application(s) via email by the beginning of Spring Quarter.
Returning Student Requirements
The following items are required of all Summer 2020 FLAG recipients who completed a language program in order to fulfill the terms of the grant. These items must be submitted by Friday, October 9, 2020.
- Submit an evaluation of your program and experience here.
- Submit a transcript, certificate, or official letter from the language school confirming enrollment and completion of the course(s) through the form posted to your account on our application website.
To discuss the Summer International Travel Grant Program and the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.